Saturday, September 5, 2015

Joseph and Elizabeth Williams, my great grandparents.


Welcome to my Williams/Palmer genealogy page.
I've decided to put everything I've learned since 2011 in one spot so it's easy to access.
My great grandparents, Joseph and Elizabeth (Roberts) Williams appear on the 1891 Welsh census.


This is a cropped part of the census, showing Joseph Williams on Line 4, age 37, occupation quarry slate man, born in Caernarvonshire, ? (I can't figure out the rest of the writing).
His wife is Elizabeth (shortened spelling by the enumerator) age 34, born in Porthmadog, Caernarvonshire, North Wales. They have three children at this time.

Elizabeth Ellen, age 6, born in Merioneth, Festiniog. 
(which would mean she was born in 1885)
John Griffith, (incorrectly listed as "Thom") age 3, born in Merioneth, Festiniog, 
on February 17, 1888.
Robert David Williams, age 1, born in Merioneth, Festiniog, on February 21, 1890.

They lived at 394 Geufron Terrace, Blaenau Festiniog, North Wales, in the county of
Merioneth, and they all spoke Welsh.

I cannot locate the family on the census after 1891. Joseph and Elizabeth had one more son,
William Joseph Williams, born in 1898 in Merioneth, Festiniog.

I don't have Joseph and Elizabeth's date of marriage, but hope to solve that mystery soon.
I don't know when they died, or where they are buried.
I don't know the names of their parents or their siblings.

I am hopeful though, as on August 30, 2015, a relative of the Williams family contacted me through Ancestry.com where I have my Williams family tree on public view. It turns out he is a grandson of Robert David Williams and he is supplying me with photos and details of dates.
I'm completely thrilled with this major break through, so I thought it was time to create a blog for my Williams family clan.

By Loretta (Williams) Houben




No comments:

Post a Comment