Thursday, March 24, 2016

60 years ago...March 24, 1956


60 years ago on March 24, 1956 my great uncle, Robert David Williams, passed away.
Until last year, 2015, I knew very little about him, and now thanks to contact with his grandson, 
Paul Williams in Australia, I'm learning a great deal, including his date of birth and date of death, and now his obituary, written in Welsh of course. He is buried in Bethesda Cemetery in Blaenau Ffestiniog, North Wales, in the county of Gwynedd. So far I haven't been able to locate the cemetery records online. 


Paul emailed the above to me on March 7, 2016. He had taken a picture of the clipping in the possession of his aunt Betty while he was recently in England.
What is fascinating and thrilling to me is the list of mourners, including 
Mrs. E. Simpson and her daughter Vera. This is Robert's sister, the elusive Elizabeth Ellen! But according to Betty Elizabeth was a half sister. So there is another mystery to solve!
It also lists Mr. JG Williams, Brother, Vancouver, which is my grandpa.
It also mentions Robert's parents, Joseph and Elizabeth.

By Loretta Williams Houben

No comments:

Post a Comment