Thursday, May 5, 2016

Ellen Williams maiden name is EGERTON!


Today, May 5, 2016, the most exciting thing happened to me.
I recently joined the Saskatchewan Genealogy Network on Facebook in order to ask kind people for help in my ongoing research for my Williams family.
Someone said I should also join the Naicam Homecoming Facebook group so I did.
Today, Gord Neish sent me the above copy of Ellen Williams death certificate, which he found at the Naicam Museum today. Apparently these things are on file!
This document solves the mystery of Ellen's maiden name. Her father is listed:
EDWARD EGERTON



I immediately went to Findmypast and searched for his name on the censuses, and found the above on the 1891 Welsh census. His wife's name was Hannah, and little Ellen was 3 years old. She was born in Bettws-y-coed, Caernarvonshire, Wales.
They lived at #91 Station Cottage in Bryneglwys, Bettws-y-Coed in Denbighshire, Wales.


Here they are on the 1901 Welsh census, but Ellen's mother died between 1891 and 1901. She now has a little sister named Hannah.
This is the most exciting day in my genealogy research yet!

By Loretta (Williams) Houben

No comments:

Post a Comment